Who We Hire
You may know us or something about our long history (since1937) and about some projects we have worked on. But even though we are proud of our history, we know we are only as good as the staff we have today. Because of that, we are very intentional about trying to "raise the bar". The better our top people are, the better our average is. And we are committed to making our average professional better equipped, better trained, and more prepared than the industry standard. So, we look for individuals with a unique combination that makes them right to join us and “up our average”. We employ individuals with varied experience levels. So, it won't matter if you are a recent graduate, an expert in your field, or if you land somewhere in between, we may have an opportunity for you.
We are looking for optimists, attracted to a company with an age-old, but solid reputation.
Developing both a quality and diverse team is a priority for us. Because of that, we look to hire individuals who desire professional growth and in working within a firm that values doing the right thing for the right reason. We try to have accessible and driven leaders who will help you be your best and, if you are just starting your career, help discover where you can excel.
Hopefully, we can attract and keep great people who will help us reach our goal of being the best consulting firm in the region.
We have hired professionals from the consulting industry. private industry, public agencies and those who are just getting started.
Areas we hire professionals:
In our effort to be a leading design and project delivery firm, Hurst-Rosche tries to secure attention to professional development and foster the idea of an organization of lifelong learners. We hope that the firm’s vision and leadership promote a culture that encourages and rewards creativity, innovation, and technical improvement. Hurst-Rosche seeks to be a leader in our industry of service, capability, and partnership. Continuing education plays an important role in the encouragement of new ideas, and innovative solutions for our clients.
Our professionals have access to a wide variety of learning opportunities including:
Diversity At HR
As a public service design and project delivery firm, Hurst-Rosche has recognized the importance of developing a diverse workforce that reflects the community demographics where our offices are located as much as possible. This allows Hurst-Rosche to better understand and respond to its public clients’ requests and concerns. Hurst-Rosche is committed to establishing a workplace where each employee is valued and encouraged to maximize their potential.
Hurst-Rosche’s Workforce Diversity Plan is a guiding document that is intended to:
Looking at the same data broken out by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) job categories, the opportunities to increase racial diversity exist primarily in professional and technical jobs. In addition, the information reflects a potential to increase gender diversity in professional and technician positions.
To address these opportunities, our Workforce Diversity Plan includes objectives in the areas of policy and commitment, recruitment, hiring, employee development, training and accountability as noted below.
Policy & Commitment
However, Hurst-Rosche understands that workforce diversity is impacted by many factors and cannot solely be measured numerically. Other signs of success should include an increasingly broader, diverse applicant pool of qualified candidates, ensuring that job interviewers are trained, increasing participation in employment development programs, and providing quality training programs. We accept that no single policy, strategy, or plan will be sufficient. Rather, we are committed to understanding by all that the principle of diversity will be accomplished most successfully over time, through incremental changes and on-going corporate emphasis.
Since you are committing to making HR successful, we have designed a compensation package that is assembled to take care of you and your family when you need it most. Periodically we compare this package with the benefits offered by other area companies to be sure we are providing fair compensation, benefits and a good work/life balance for our staff.
Our total compensation package includes health benefits, work/life balance benefits, financial protection, and retirement benefits. And since we value continued education, we offer regular training assistance, as well as some in-house training programs and resources.
Some positions currently available include (but not limited to):
- Transportation Engineer, Springfield, IL Office. This position is focused on Transportation with an emphasis on Traffic Engineering, but Hurst-Rosche is a multi-disciplinary firm. Our civil portfolio includes transportation, water, waste, storm-water, civil structures, permitting, and site civil. Candidate should be experienced in studies, engineering reports, and design.
- Requires minimum bachelor degree
- Requires licensure in State of Illinois
- Minimum of 5-15 years of experience
- Experience on IDOT projects is preferred
- PTOE certification is plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of Microstation and Geopak and have past experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with traffic modeling software programs such as Highway Capacity Software (HCS), SYNCHRO, and/or Vissim, is preferred.
- Roadway planning and design
- Traffic Engineering/Modeling
- Traffic Signal Design
- Maintenance of Traffic/Traffic Management
- Hydraulics/drainage design
- Site development
- Civil Engineer - We have an open position for a MO licensed civil engineer in our Arnold, MO office. The ideal candidate will have 4-15 years experience in the design and possible project management of public works projects. Strengths in water, waste, transportation, permitting, infrastructure, and site development are all desirable. Individual must be a team player and highly motivated and a self-starter. Use of AutoCAD Civil 3D, ReVIT, and other related software are seen as critical. Verbal and written communications strength will be required. Our business type is public/commercial/institutional. Development activities will include both vertical and horizontal work for engineering services.
- Hurst-Rosche delivers innovative and expert planning, design, and construction administrative services to a wide variety of public and commercial clients
- The Hurst-Rosche team method of delivery allows each professional to be involved in their projects in a personal way and have the satisfaction of "ownership" of their part of the project. This professionally satisfying model serves both our staff and our clients
- We are very interested and supportive of professional growth and opportunity. HR assists in and supports various trade certifications, credentials, and engagement.
- We believe that the best employees are those engage in their communities and region. We offer a flex time program to encourage our professionals to impact where they live and work in positive ways
- Land Surveyor - Hurst-Rosche has an open position for a Land Surveyor in our Marion, Illinois office. The position is for a licensed PLS only. Ideal candidate would have five or more years experience in public institutional work and of an upwardly mobile mindset. This is a great opportunity for a team player/leader interested in an integrated approach to project design and delivery.
- Civil Engineer - Hurst-Rosche has an open position for a civil engineer in our new Nashville, TN office. This position is for a licensed PE only. The Professional Civil Engineer position with 5 to 10 years of experience requires a background in client contact, project management, and business development in design of transportation systems, civil site design, roadway, water and wastewater and hydraulic design and of an upwardly mobile mindset. This is a great opportunity for a team player/leader interested in an integrated approach to project design and delivery.. This position requires strong communication and writing skills commensurate with client contacts and report writing. Microstation, AutoCAD and hydraulic design software experience is a must.
- Mechanical Engineer - Hurst-Rosche has an open position for a Lead Mechanical Engineer. The position is for a licensed PE. Ideal candidate would have five or more years experience in educational, public institutional, health care, correctional, and municipal work and of an upwardly mobile mindset. This is a great opportunity for a team player/leader interested in an integrated approach to project design and delivery. Position is available at our Marion, Illinois location.
- Lead Architect - Hurst-Rosche has an open position for a Lead Architect for our new Nashville, TN office. This position is for a licensed Architect only. Candidate must possess an active Tennessee License and must have five or more years’ experience in client contact, project management, business development in educational, public institutional, health care, correctional, and or municipal work and of an upwardly mobile mindset. This is a great opportunity for a team player/leader interested in an integrated approach to project design and delivery. Position is available only for our Nashville, Tennessee office location. Work service areas include working knowledge of AutoCAD and ReVIT software, Experience in the design of public and commercial developments. The ideal candidate will also possess project management, supervision and strong communication skills.
- Structural Engineer - Hurst-Rosche, Inc. is searching for a structural engineer who would be a good fit for our team. The ideal candidate will be involved in all facets of structural design primarily related services to the transportation/civil industry. There could be some work in vertical construction as well. This position requires an Illinois Structural Engineer LIcense. We deliver projects in "team" approach, so working well with others is a must. Other certifications a plus. We prefer you in our Springfield, Hillsboro, Marion, or East St. Louis locations
- Lead Architect - Hurst Rosche is searching for a lead architect for our western Missouri office. Duties would include the development and management of all vertical work in the region. This position is a maximum opportunity position.
- Active Missouri Architect license
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and ReVIT software
- Experience in the design of public and commercial development